Digital/Social Media Producer
The Digital Media Producer will work collaboratively with the Digital Media Team to write, produce, develop and implement content to be used on Local Media San Diego’s Digital Platforms. Content will be created to promote radio station initiatives including but not limited to: on-air promotion, on-site promotion, online promotion, sales promotion, and brand awareness for 91X, Z90 and Magic 92.5. The Digital Media Producer will also be part of the team that oversees Social Media strategy and implementation.
Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborate with the Digital Media Team to expand the video, photo and content library on the station Websites and Social Media channels
- Collaborate with on-air personalities to create unique new digital content
- Leverage partnerships with bands, and brand advocates to maximize exposure for unique content when appropriate
- Foster increased engagement with Social Media channels.
- Convert listeners into brand ambassadors and lifelong fans
- Attend events to engage with listeners and post live content, photos and videos
- Discover and develop new strategies and draw insight from historical data
- Write and edit content that speaks specifically to the users of each unique station and demographic
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and voice for each radio station
- Help monitor the Social Media presence of each station to ensure timely and appropriate responses to listener queries
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends and best practices
- Monitor competitors’ campaigns and social strategies
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, etc)
- Proficiency in video editing software (Premier, iMovie, Final Cut Pro)
- Positive attitude required!
- Experience working with Mac OS – we are a Mac operation!
- Experience working with a CMS like WordPress
- Experience working with Mac OS – we are a Mac operation!
- SEO experience a plus
- Must have at least 5-years of experience in the Digital Media industry
- Photography, video and Social Media portfolio required
- BS/BA required
Local Media San Diego is seeking an Account Executive to drive core station spot, digital and event revenue initiatives. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated with a “can do” outlook, who actively engages in strategic prospecting, uncovering client needs analysis and then developing custom solutions on a daily basis. Those that can cultivate meaningful relationships with high-level decision makers & key influencers are encouraged to apply. Meeting and exceeding annual quota objectives, striving for maximum market share in the process, is the expectation. Desired experience: 5+ years of media sales with a successful track record of generating revenue in on-air, on line and event assets. We’re recruiting achievers who thrive in a fast-paced team environment! Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance. We offer a competitive benefits package. Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Z90 Morton in the Morning Assistant Producer
San Diego’s New #1 Hit Music Station, Z90, is looking for a superstar assistant producer to work with the #1 Top 40 morning show in the market (and soon #1 in all formats).
Candidates must have a great track record and know how to take charge and win in a highly competitive landscape.
Creativity, hustle and forward thinking is a key component for this role. Candidate will be responsible for coordinating screening phone calls, burying the bodies, appearances with promotion/programming, will be the librarian for bits, production, answer listener questions, work with the sales department, book guests and a lot of secret stuff we can’t divulge here.
Knowledge in audio editing, recording phone bits, running the studio, editing, preparing show prep and networking skills are a must. Your social media should shine. Lots of room to grow!
Live, local and dynamic station and company in the best market in the world! Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Absolutely no calls, texts, faxes or carrier pigeon messages.
Must be able to work at least 10-15 hours a week, including nights and weekends as needed.
Reliable, punctual and possess strong social skills
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Position requires a positive attitude, strong customer service and organizational skills
Candidate must be a self motivate, creative thinker
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Two-Years College Preferred
Microsoft Word, Excel, Website and Internet experience
Knowledge of San Diego and surrounding area is a plus
Knowledge of broadcasting equipment is a plus
21 years old
Must have excellent Driving Record
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please
Local Media San Diego, LLC has an immediate opening for a bus driver to drive/operate our 45 foot Passenger Bus. Driver will be responsible for driving the bus to locations throughout San Diego for fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) hours per week. Driver will interact with clients and public, so good attitude and positive attitude is a must.
Bus Driver requirements:
Class B license with airbrake and passenger endorsement
Experience driving buses
Must have flexible schedule
Understand basic mechanics of bus
Clean driving record, provide DMV driving history record
Pass drug screening
Hourly Rate. You will be scheduled for 15-25 hours per week. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Internship Program
Local Media San Diego is a local, independent radio group in San Diego that includes radio stations 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90. Socially, our main goal is to build a community of people that are engaged in the station brands, creating more on-air listenership, increased attendance at station events and shows, and increased digital traffic (database, unique visitors and frequency).
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic interns to work with our Social Media/Content Team! Interns will assist with creating and curating content for our Websites and social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
What you will learn:
• How to create and guide compelling content that engages the audience demographic for each station.
• How to track Social Media and Website analytics and the success of posts and content.
• How to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
• Photography and possible video editing if the opportunity presents itself.
What we require:
• You have to be Social! Hermits need not apply!
• Upper-division classes in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other related classes.
• Organized and detailed oriented, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and confident – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
• Love for social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills and work as part of a high-energy team.
• A strong work ethic and flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends when a learning opportunity arises.
• A personal laptop and Smart Phone that can be used for this internship.
• Your schedule must be flexible, you must be able to accept remote applications if you are joining us at an event.
• Must be legally able to work in US.
• A 3-month commitment
• Minimum of 10-hours per week.
Our commitment to you :
• You will learn about the fastest growing area of the radio industry.
• You will have FUN!
• You will leave with practical and real-world experience at the end of your 3-months with us.
• You will have FUN!
• We will provide you with a glowing letter of recommendation if you wow us with your skills!
• Did we mention, this will be FUN?!
This is an UNPAID internship
Please include a very creative cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work with 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90, and your social media accounts, portfolio links, etc. No phone calls, please.
On-Air Board Operator
The qualified candidates will:
• Operate broadcast console
• Read and follow format log and play the correct spots and station ID’s at the appropriate times
• Operate faders, monitor audio levels, and segue music – ensure the music is tight.
• Board ops will need to show up 30 minutes prior to live broadcast to check in and make sure studio is set up for broadcast
• Communicate effectively with program directors. Other duties may be assigned
• May help administer contests, answer listener phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows.
• Board operators may also be responsible for monitoring additional radio stations simultaneously.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.