Social Media Internship Program
Local Media San Diego is a local, independent radio group in San Diego that includes radio stations 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90. Socially, our main goal is to build a community of people that are engaged in the station brands, creating more on-air listenership, increased attendance at station events and shows, and increased digital traffic (database, unique visitors and frequency).
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic interns to work with our Social Media/Content Team! Interns will assist with creating and curating content for our Websites and social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
What you will learn:
• How to create and guide compelling content that engages the audience demographic for each station.
• How to track Social Media and Website analytics and the success of posts and content.
• How to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
• Photography and possible video editing if the opportunity presents itself.
What we require:
• You have to be Social! Hermits need not apply!
• Upper-division classes in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other related classes.
• Organized and detailed oriented, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and confident – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
• Love for social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills and work as part of a high-energy team.
• A strong work ethic and flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends when a learning opportunity arises.
• A personal laptop and Smart Phone that can be used for this internship.
• Your schedule must be flexible, you must be able to accept remote applications if you are joining us at an event.
• Must be legally able to work in US.
• A 3-month commitment
• Minimum of 10-hours per week.
Our commitment to you :
• You will learn about the fastest growing area of the radio industry.
• You will have FUN!
• You will leave with practical and real-world experience at the end of your 3-months with us.
• You will have FUN!
• We will provide you with a glowing letter of recommendation if you wow us with your skills!
• Did we mention, this will be FUN?!
This is an UNPAID internship
Please include a very creative cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work with 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90, and your social media accounts, portfolio links, etc. No phone calls, please.
San Diego station cluster (radio) is seeking a seasoned Account Executive to drive core station spot, digital and non-traditional revenue initiatives. The ideal candidate is a progressive self-motivated team leader who actively engages in strategic prospecting, quality client needs analysis and the leveraging of client solutions on a daily basis. Those that can cultivate meaningful relationships with high-level decision makers & key influencers are encouraged to apply. Meeting and exceeding annual quota objectives, striving for maximum market share in the process, is the expectation.
Desired experience: 5+ years of media sales with a successful track record of exceeding revenue budgets. Familiarity with a rhythmic adult contemporary format a plus. We’re recruiting achievers who thrive in a fast-paced team environment! Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. Local Media San Diego, LLC owns and operates Radio Stations in San Diego, CA. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
Local Media San Diego, LLC is actively recruiting a Front-End Web Developer to join our top-notch design and development team. We are San Diego based radio broadcasting company and a member of SDLocal, a joint operating agreement between Local Media San Diego, LLC and Midwest Television, Inc. SDLocal supports the digital products of five diverse San Diego radio brands: 91X, Magic 92.5, Z90, AM 760 and 100.7 KFM-BFM. Although our work environment is fun and casual, our candidate must be highly-driven and focused.
2+ years experience and strong expertise developing in PHP/WordPress development.
Strong experience with HTML and CSS(3)
Expertise in developing responsive websites
Experience with UX/UI Design
Understanding of AJAX and experience with the integration of third-party APIs
Expertise and understanding of Google Analytics
Understanding of Google DFP
An understanding of current SEO best practices
Ensure design quality across multiple digital channels, browsers and screen sizes
Must ensure all work meets deadlines
Must be able to collaborate with and take direction from the Digital Media Director and Art Director
Must give attention to detail and best practices
Graphic Design background a plus
Setting up WordPress environment for 5 radio station Websites.
Convert PSDs to pixel perfect HTML and implement them in a WordPress design.
Work on existing WordPress installation & themes, finding bugs and improving them
Manage BuddyPress installation
Writing of technical documentation
Deliver very clean, high quality code
Collaborate with entire team on new ideas and implementations
To apply, send resume, compensation expectations and up to 5 links to current work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Air Board Operator
The qualified candidates will:
• Operate broadcast console
• Read and follow format log and play the correct spots and station ID’s at the appropriate times
• Operate faders, monitor audio levels, and segue music – ensure the music is tight.
• Board ops will need to show up 30 minutes prior to live broadcast to check in and make sure studio is set up for broadcast
• Communicate effectively with program directors. Other duties may be assigned
• May help administer contests, answer listener phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows.
• Board operators may also be responsible for monitoring additional radio stations simultaneously.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.