Loving ‘Stranger Things 2’? Here are 10 details from the show that you’ll find WAY cool!
- Eleven dressing up and hiding as a ghost on Halloween is a direct reference to Steven Spielberg’s E.T. movie. The Duffers’ brothers even said, “If Mike is the Elliot of our show, Eleven is our E.T.,” which just hammers home the comparison.
2. Bob’s camcorder is the exact same one Marty McFly uses in Back to the Future.
3. The rivalry between the pumpkin patch farmers is mentioned on the front page of Hawkins’ newspaper in “Chapter One: MADMAX.”
4. This shot of Will in the doorway in “Chapter One: MADMAX” is inspired by another Steven Spielberg classic movie , Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
5. Kali training Eleven to use her power is a complete homage to Yoda training Luke Skywalker to use the Force in The Empire Strikes Back.
6. The Ben Cooper “mummy” mask that one of Kali’s gang members wears can also be seen hanging at Melvald’s General Store, where Joyce works.
7. The use of flamethrowers to keep the Demogorgon’s spawn from growing is a reference to the 1986 movie Aliens, which was a major thematic influence this season.
8. In fact, there were a lot of other visual references to Aliens like the Demodog blips on the radar map in “Chapter Six: The Spy”
9. Steve and Nancy’s Risky Business Halloween costumes are a flashback to Season 1 when Steve called Tom Cruise Nancy’s “lover boy from Risky Business.”
10. Max using a wood box to reach the gas pedal of Billy’s car is a total rip-off to ANOTHER Steve Spielberg movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.