There’s no reason you need to pay full price for anything, when you can use for phone for a price check! Check out this list from rather-be-shopiing.com by Kyle James, of places who will price match the item you’re buying with other competitors! CLICK HERE for more info
The online pricing model at Best Buy has gotten a lot of attention recently as savvy consumers try to get the best price possible on consumer electronics. Here is the skinny:
- List of online stores Best Buy will price-match: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com.
- They limit it to one online price match, per identical item, per customer.
- When requesting an online price-match visit the Customer Service desk and inform them of the lower price. They will then independently verify the price and say “Yay” or “Nay.”
Target has been price-matching online pricing for a little over a year now. Here is what you need to know:
- Target will only price match the following websites: Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com.
- Target also price matches the Target.com website. This happens a lot more than you might think.
- In order to get your price-match you must show a Target associate the retail price on your mobile device or by bringing in a printed page showing the current price.
- They’ll only honor the lower price if the competitor currently has the product in-stock and available for immediate purchase.
- You can only online price-match one identical item per guest.
While a bit thin, the Staples online price-match policy is still worth mentioning.
- As of this writing, Staples will only online price-match Amazon.com. But since Amazon.com carries millions of products at competitive prices it is definitely worth mentioning.
- It must be the same exact model, currently available for sale at Amazon.com, and Staples will match it.
- Just grab a Staples associate and show them evidence of the lower Amazon price on your smartphone, or by printing out the info, and they’ll get you hooked up with the better price. Pretty obvious by now that you need the Amazon smartphone app to be a real price-match hero.
Fry’s Electronics apparently has an online price-match policy but is willing to do anything in their power to never let you take advantage of it.
- Fry’s will match an authorized Internet competitor when the product is “ready to ship”. Interestingly, I can’t find any info on what they consider an “authorized Internet competitor” but through my research it appears they’ll price match Amazon.com and perhaps BestBuy.com.
- I found this article very interesting, Fry’s Matches Online Retailer Prices! With A Great Big Catch. It appears that Fry’s is trying to get out of having to price-match online pricing by dropping a shipping charge into the mix. Weak.
Toys R Us and Babies R Us
- Toys R Us and Babies R Us will match the online pricing of the following websites: Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, and Amazon.com.
- They won’t price-match Amazon marketplace pricing.
- Product being price-matched must be the same exact model, color, and size and currently be in-stock at the competitor’s website.
- Price-match is available at time of purchase or up to 7 days after your purchase. So keep an eye out for a better online price even after you bring it home.
- Fine print: Toys R Us will not price match an online competitors price if they advertise the product as clearance, refurbished, an open package special, or a liquidation sale.
I think I finally got my head wrapped around Sears online price-matching policy. It took awhile…
- First thing you need to know: “Sears will NOT price match internet-only retailers.”
- But if you find a local competitor who also has a website, and honors their own online pricing, and has the exact product available for immediate purchase, then Sears will match that lower price.
- Just print out the order page from the competitor’s website and bring it to your local Sears store.
- You can bring in proof at the time of purchase or for up to 14 days after purchase for a price adjustment.