Here are some of Companion’s highlights:
- Enter your location and your destination, select a friend to be a “companion.”
- That friend can see your location as you walk home in real time.
- The app can detect if you wander off your path, suddenly start running, or your headphones get pulled out; If that happens, the app will send out an alert.
- If you don’t respond to the app’s check-in alerts within 15 seconds, your “companion” will be notified and your phone will start making loud noises.
- You can hit an “I am nervous” button to report where you feel unsafe to campus safety officials, or just tap a button to call the police.
—> Available iPhone & Android