“Today’s Hit Music” Z90 (XHITZ-FM 90.3) and “Magic 92.5” (XHRM-FM 92.5)
“2017 Ultimate Quinceanera / Sweet 16 Giveaway”
Official Contest Rules
Z90 (XHITZ-FM), MAGIC 92.5 (XHRM-FM) & LOCAL MEDIA SAN DIEGO, LLC ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EVENT / PRIZE CHANGES AND / OR CANCELLATIONS. General contest rules may be picked up at 6160 Cornerstone Court East, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121, Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
Stations: XHITZ-FM “Today’s Hit Music” 90.3, and XHRM-FM “Magic 92.5” (together, “THE STATIONS”)
Station Address: 6160 Cornerstone Court East, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121
Local Media San Diego, LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, “THE COMPANY”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest / Participation
A. Dates of Contest:
The contest will begin on Monday, August 21, 2017 and end on September 24, 2017.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to enter:
Fifty (50) contestants will be selected by one or more of the following methods:
1) Filling out designated entry form at www.magic925.com and the “Ultimate Quinceanera/Sweet 16 Giveaway.” Contestant must meet all eligibility requirements and comply with all rules to qualify for the prize. Sixteen (16) contestants will be selected with this method.
2) Filling out designated entry form at www.z90.com and the “Ultimate Quinceanera/Sweet 16 Giveaway.” Contestant must meet all eligibility requirements and comply with all rules to qualify for the prize. Sixteen (16) contestants will be selected with this method.
3) Filling out the designated entry form available at the lobby of Brightwood College at Chula Vista Center, 555 Broadway #144, Chula Vista, CA 91910 during regular business hours. One entry per person per day. Mutilated, lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Entries are collected at 7:00PM on Thursday August 24, 31, September 7 and 14. Contestant(s) will be drawn, announced on-air, and notified via phone, pending qualification after meeting all eligibility requirements and compliance with all rules. Four (4) contestants will be selected with this method for each station. An additional six (6) contestants will be selected among entries submitted between Thursday, September 14 at 7:01PM to Thursday, September 21 at 7:00PM, notified via phone, pending qualification after meeting all eligibility requirements and compliance with all rules.
4) Filling out the designated entry form available at Fiesta Hall at 1770 Palm Ave, Chula Vista, CA 92154 on Sunday, September 10 from 12:00PM to 5:00PM. Only one entry per person permitted. Mutilated, lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Entries will be collected and contestant will be drawn and announced in person, or notified via phone the next day if necessary, pending qualification after meeting all eligibility requirements and compliance with all rules. Two (2) contestants will be selected with this method.
5) Filling out designated entry form at the “Ultimate Quinceanera/Sweet 16 Giveaway,” event at Chula Vista Center, 555 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910, on Sunday, September 24th from 11:00AM to 1:45PM. Deadline to enter is 1:45 PM, one entry per person. Times subject to change. Two (2) contestants will be selected with this method, pending qualification after meeting all eligibility requirements and compliance with all rules.
C. How to Play:
Qualified contestants must be present on Sunday, September 24, 2017 at Chula Vista Center, 555 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910 to win. All pre-qualified contestants must check in between 12:00PM and 2:00 PM. Contestants who do not check in by 2:00 PM PT will forfeit their prize. Times subject to change.
D. How Winner is Chosen:
At check-in, contestants will be assigned a contestant number, with a corresponding number entered into a raffle drum. At or around 2:15pm, numbers will be drawn out of the drum, the contestant with the number announced will be eliminated. Numbers will continue to be drawn and contestants eliminated until one number is left inside the raffle drum. The final contestant number to be selected from the drum will be declared grand prize winner. ALL DECISIONS MADE BY JUDGES ARE FINAL.
2. Prize(s). The Grand prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is:
A. A $10,000 scholarship to Brightwood College at Chula Vista (referred to as “THE SCHOLARSHIP”), distributed over a 9-month program. THE SCHOLARSHIP is redeemable beginning in September of 2019, and must be used by September 2021. Student must enroll at Chula Vista campus only.
B. Quinceanera / Sweet 16 Party elements (referred to as “THE PARTY”), including the following:
Location/Venue for PARTY at Fiesta Hall on Palm Avenue. PARTY can take place any day during the week, excluding Saturday, and based on venue availability. If Saturday is desired, it can be upgraded per the winner, with price of upgrade to be determined by Fiesta Hall. Fiesta Hall Package includes hall rental and the following:
1) Decorations – Fiesta Hall to meet with winner to decide color scheme/theme – all décor provided by Fiesta Hall; including but not limited to: flowers, table cloths, lighting, curtains, etc
2) Full Banquet Plates for 150 Adult guests, salad and entrée. Non-alcoholic beverages for guests are also included: soft drinks, water, lemonade, etc. Additional Full Banquet Plates will be available for the winner to purchase at a rate of $25.00 each.
5) Cleaning services
6) DJ & Equipment: Lighting/Sound System
7) Photographer / Videographer
Third Party vendor items and services:
3.) Hair & Make-up
4.) Choreography (Coreografa)
5.) Limo transportation for 3-Hours
Total estimated prize value, including the cash and the Quinceanera/Sweet 16 party: $25,700
The Grand Prize winner is strongly advised to seek professional legal, tax advice. Award of the Grand Prize could have material adverse consequences on the Grand Prize winner including without limitation, with respect to taxes, income, government entitlements or other benefits, or other legal, financial or other matters.
Prize package is designed and intended for a child between the ages 14-16 years old.
All prizes are based on participation of sponsors, and delivery is not guaranteed by the station. Sponsor is not required to offer any substitutions, cash redemptions, or alternative prizes awarded under this contest. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Any modifications desired by the winner will result in an added expense to the winner and are not the responsibility of the station or any sponsors.
THE SCHOLARSHIP is valid only for the immediate family of the winner, born between September of 2001 and September 2003. Regarding THE SCHOLARSHIP, the term “immediate family” includes children and grandchildren by current or past marriage(s), whether as “in-laws,” or remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension. If the grand prize winner does not have an eligible immediate family member, THE SCHOLARSHIP will not be awarded and no cash equivalent will be paid. THE SCHOLARSHIP is valid only at the Brightwood College at Chula Vista location.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for any other prize. No cash equivalent for prizes will be awarded. Fiesta Hall “Party” elements must be redeemed within nine (9) months of contest end date. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations.
Participants, contestants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents of San Diego County, at least 18-years old as determined by the Company, have an active social security number, and be able to present the original social security card and California ID to contest officials before the prize is awarded. If a selected contestant is a minor under 18 years of age, responsibility and eligibility will default to parent or legal guardian. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, and that parent or guardian will assume all responsibilities and eligibility requirements as outlined in the contest rules. The Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor.
Only one (1) qualifying contestant per household for the Contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, existing employees at Brightwood College, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Regarding eligibility, the term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize unless otherwise noted. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from a station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Winner agrees to accept the prize “as is.”
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information.
By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Affidavit. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within 14 days of notification of winning. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release within such period or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any interest in a prize.
By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company. The company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer or data related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Web site or Contest. The company is not responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest, or to defraud the Sponsor in any way, may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the company which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the company reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award prizes among eligible entries received.
You acknowledge that Chief Ingredient Inc., the creator of GoFanBase, is not responsible or liable for the failure of any Advertiser (or any third-party) to comply with the rules, terms, conditions, policies, and applicable laws, rules, or regulations governing any promotion. You acknowledge and agree that Chief Ingredient does not administer or endorse promotions, and is therefore not liable for the content of any promotion or media distributed through the Site.
Subscribers and Advertisers may require you to provide personally identifiable information in order to participate in a certain promotions.
Chief Ingredient merely facilitates the distribution of promotions and media and understand that the Site provides no safeguards ensuring that promotions and media comply with any law, rule, regulation or policy.
By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Company believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
10. Winner’s List. For a Winner’s List, available thirty (30) days following the end of the Contest Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Local Media San Diego, 6160 Cornerstone Court, East, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121. Please include the following in your Winner’s List request: Your full legal name, name of station and indicate which winner’s list you would like to receive. Please include 1 self-addressed, outer postmarked envelope for every list requested.
11. Compliance with Law.
The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the state of California, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.