Coachella is less than a month away which means that 125,000 people are about to descend upon Indio, CA for three days (or four if you’re camping) of music, food, and art. If you were able to snag a condo or place to stay with a hot shower and a bed, consider yourself lucky! However, if you plan on grabbing a tent and sleeping under the stars take a look at the following guide for a list of everything you’ll need to be (mostly) comfortable!
- Tent (unless you plan on sleeping in the car)
- Small inflatable mattress
- Sleeping bag with EXTRA blankets (the desert gets HOT during the day and COLD at night)
- Plastic stakes (they don’t allow metal)
- 10 x 10 canopy
- Solar or battery powered LIGHTS
- 6ft foldable table
- Small propane powered stove (if you plan on cooking)
- Plates, napkins, utensils, pots, pans, red cups
- Large cooler with your favorite snacks and drinks (protip: Pedialyte is legendary for hangovers & helps prevent dehydration)
- First-aid kit, hand sanitizer, aspirin, SUNSCREEN, chapstick, allergy medication, Kleenex and nasal spray (trust us, after a few days with all that dirt getting kicked up it’s going to be booger city)
- Large tarp to cover your car in case of dust storms, rocks, etc.
- Deck of cards
- 2-3 large tapestry(s) to hang from your canopy to block the sun
- Battery powered speaker(s)
- Headphones or earplugs for sleepy time
…and that’s pretty much it! As long as you bring all the above you’re probably going to have a pretty darn good time. Plus just in case you forgot something, the general store more than likely has it for purchase. Be kind and respectful to your fellow concertgoers and look out for each other!
See you in the desert!